Keep those sweet treats healthy with thanks to Glenisk, who have shared this apple crumble with salted caramel recipe
Keeping an eye on what you eat doesn’t mean you have to forgo all treats, as Glenisk set to prove. Glenisk has collaborated with food stylist and writer, Jennifer Oppermann to create a compilation of deliciously indulgent yogurt-based recipes for all occasions. Our favourite is this apple crumble with salted caramel recipe. Delicious!
You will need:
- 120g plain flour
- 100g packed brown sugar
- 100g granulated sugar
- 8tbsp butter
- 4 cooking apples or Granny Smith apples peeled, cored and diced
- 2tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tub of Glenisk Greek Style Organic Luxury Salted Caramel Yogurt (450g) / Glenisk Natural Yoghurt if you prefer
- Small pieces of caramel fudge for garnish (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 180°C and grease an ovenproof dish.
- To make the crumble combine the flour, sugar and 6 tablespoons of softened butter together using a stand mixer. The mixture will be crumbly but will come together when squeezed. Set it aside.
- Toss the apples in lemon juice. Heat a large pan, add the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter to the pan, then the apples and cook them on a low heat for about 5 to 7 minutes. Drain the apples and place them on the greased oven-proof dish.
- Top the apples with the crumble mixture and baked at 180°C for 20-25 minutes. Allow to cool for a couple of minutes and before serving, add a dollop of Glenisk Greek Style Organic Luxury Salted Caramel yogurt and a sprinkle of caramel fudge pieces.
More recipes are available from glenisk.com