Embrace the Easter spirit with this recipe for chocolate orange dairy free Easter eggs. As well as being simple to make and absolutely delicious they’re also completely dairy free
Maria from LifeCleanse says: “These raw organic chocolate orange easter eggs are really simple to make and a great natural alternative this Easter. They are completely sugar free, dairy free, gluten free and guilt free.”
You will need:
1 cup raw organic cacao powder
1 cup raw organic coconut oil
1 tsp organic vanilla extract
2 drops organic wild orange essential oil*
1 pinch organic sea salt
*make sure to use a food grade oil as not all essential oils are safe to be ingested.
- Soften the coconut oil in a small measuring jug or bowl over a bowl of warm (not hot) water.
- Once liquid add the vanilla extract and orange essential oil. Next slowly stir in the cacao powder. Add a small pinch of organic sea salt. Mix well.
- Cut the avocados in half lengthways, remove the stone and spoon out the flesh. For this recipe we will be using just the skins, as natural Easter egg moulds.
- Rub a small amount of coconut oil on the insides of the avocado shells to line them and carefully spoon in the chocolate orange mixture. Sit the shells on a plate in the fridge and allow to set for 90 minutes.
- Once hard remove from the avocado shells using a warm spoon and enjoy!