Mid week meals in minutes can be hard to master, until now! This Donal Skehan tomato and basil pasta recipe is the solution to those what to have for dinner panics
Speaking about his tomato and basil pasta recipe, Donal Skehan says: “A simple recipe, ideal for those who are new to cooking. All the ingredients are prepared on a chopping board, making this a quick and easy recipe.”
You will need:
- 400 g fresh pasta (penne, rigatoni or tortiglioni)
- 50 g pine nuts
- 100 g bunch of basil, leaves picked
- 8–10 medium vine-ripened tomatoes
- 30 g Parmesan, finely grated
- 1 garlic clove
- 100–150 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Ensure a large saucepan of salted water has come to the boil.
- Place a small frying pan over a medium heat and add the pine nuts.
- Add the pasta to the pan and cook the pasta for 3 minutes until just al dente.
- Meanwhile, crush the garlic and a good pinch of sea salt with the flat of a knife on a chopping board until smooth. Tip the toasted pine nuts onto the board with the garlic and roughly chop with the basil and tomatoes until you have a chunky mix.
- Tip this into a large bowl along with the drained pasta, Parmesan and olive oil. Mix until it’s completely coated in the pesto. Check the seasoning and serve.
Taken from Meals in Minutes by Donal Skehan