Put a spring in your step with this Fiona Uyema lamb recipe
With Easter coming up this weekend, we wanted to share this Fiona Uyema lamb recipe, a modern take on an Irish classic from De Dietrich
You will need:
4 lamb chops
Rapeseed oil, for frying
4 sweet potatoes
Salt and pepper, to season
For the dressing
2 tsp Japanese soy sauce
2 tsp orange zest
4 tbsp orange juice
2 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp brown sugar
2 tbsp olive oil
Few handfuls of pomegranate seeds
Freshly chopped parsley
- Preheat a fan oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Wash a whole sweet potato and then pat dry with kitchen paper. Using a sharp knife, make a few slits on the skin. Place a few tablespoons of olive oil in a small bowl and add salt and pepper to season. Mix well and rub onto the skin of the sweet potato. Wrap in tin foil and place in the oven for about 60 minutes or until cooked. Cut in half before serving.
- Heat the rapeseed oil in a non-stick frying pan on medium-high heat. Place the lamb chops on the pan and fry on each side for at least 3 minutes depending on how you like your meat cooked (3 minutes on each side will leave the meat medium-rare).
- Mix all the ingredients for the yuzu & pomegranate dressing in a small bowl.
- Place the lamb chops and baked sweet potato on a large serving dish. Drizzle over the dressing just before serving and decorate with freshly chopped parsley.