For the week that’s in it, we have a Fiona Uyema recipe for St Patrick’s Day cupcakes
Everything will go a little green this week, so we’re grabbing the matcha and giving this Finoa Uyema cupcake recipe from De Dietrich a try.
You will need:
- 2 eggs (preferably free range)
- 125g caster sugar
- 125g soft butter
- 125g self raising flour
- 1 tsp matcha powder
For the matcha icing
- 200g icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons of matcha
- 110g soft butter cubes
- 20ml milk
- Matcha Pocky to decorate (available in Asian supermarkets)
- Preheat a fan oven to 180 degrees Celsius or 350 degrees Fahreinheit.
- Sieve the flour and matcha together a few times to make sure the matcha powder is completely mixed into the flour.
- Whisk all the ingredients for the cupcake mix in an electric mixer for a few minutes or until it’s well mixed together.
- Place the cupcake cases in the baking tin. Using a large spoon to fill the cases over half-way with the batter.
- Place in the oven for about 20 minutes or until the cakes are well risen and firm on top. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- To make the green icing, sieve the icing sugar and matcha together a few times to make sure the matcha powder is completely mixed into the icing sugar.
- Using an electric whisk, beat together the butter cubes and icing sugar until smooth and creamy. Finally add the milk and continue to whisk for a few more minutes.
- Use a piping bag to decorate the top of the cupcakes with the green icing.
- Break a few pocky sticks in half and place on top of the cupcake to finish decorating.