We are working away on creating some fabulous recipes for you all to trial at WellFest 2018 in association with KBC! One delicious recipe on our menu is called ‘Mindfulness Bites’ which features our BFree Oaty Loaf with other nutritious ingredients that help feed the mind.
Each carefully selected ingredient is associated with mind boosting effects. One of the main ingredients, salmon, contains tryptophan, which can help release serotonin and is widely associated with boosting moods. This recipe also includes some delicious avocados, which are a great source of a range of B group vitamins, which can help stress and anxiety levels. Finally, the oats in our Oaty Loaf, contribute to serotonin production, which again, can help to boost moods.
This recipe is the perfect accompaniment to a yoga session with our Brand Ambassador, the Flexie Foodie, Julie Montagu, who will be hosting some intimate yoga classes at our stand at WellFest 2018 in association with KBC! Make sure to stop by to get involved and try this delicious recipe.
Mindfulness Bites Recipe
- 1 small avocado, mashed into a paste
- 2 slices of smoked salmon
- 2 small beetroots, sliced
- A handful of cashew nuts, roughly chopped
- Juice of half a lemon
- Salt and black pepper
- 2 slices of BFree Oaty Loaf
- Take the mashed avocado and spread it onto each slice of BFree Oaty Loaf.
- Add a slice of smoked salmon to each and divide the cashew nuts and sliced beetroot between the two sandwiches.
- Drizzle on the lemon juice with a dash of salt and pepper.
Bfree, a partner of WellFest 2018, was developed to bring tasty, good for you breads to the market. BFree products don’t contain gluten, wheat, dairy, egg, nuts or soy! Visit Bfree at WellFest 2018 for delicious free-from food. Book at wellfest.ie.