Invite a gang around for brunch with this delicious sweet potato egg recipe from Grainne Parker and watch them ask for seconds.
Speaking about this sweet potato egg recipe, Grainne says: “This is the most amazing dish, filling nutritious and so easy. You could make a few pans of this if you are having people over for brunch at the weekend. It makes a really tasty and easy meal when time is short midweek.”
You will need:
1 large sweet potato, peeled and grated
4 tbsp flat-leaf parsley, chopped
1 heaped tsp sweet paprika
- Tip the sweet potato into a bowl.
- Add the parsley and paprika and season to taste.
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan and tip all the sweet potato in. Stir to ensure it is well covered in the melted butter and then cook on a low/ medium heat, stirring from time to time with a wooden spoon. The sweet potato will be almost cooked after about ten minutes.
- Make four wells and add the eggs. Cover the pan with a lid or large plate, turn the heat down to low/medium and cook the eggs to your liking. They will cook gently rather than fry and are lovely!
- As an alternative, you could finish in the oven at 180°C – it takes about ten minutes for the egg white to set.
- Serve with some crusty sourdough or a dollop of Guacamole to finish.