The Happy Pear breakfast burrito recipe is set to change how you view brunching at home
Breakfast is a thing. Brunch is a bigger thing. But sometimes you just don’t have the cash to splash on artisan avo on toast. Which is when you have to get creative and make your own. The Happy Pear breakfast burrito recipe is sure to it all your brunch buttons.
You will need:
For the guacamole
- 2 ripe avocados
- Juice of 1 lime
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- A pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon chilli flakes
- A small bunch of fresh coriander
For the mushrooms with spinach
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 150g oyster mushrooms, or other mushrooms
- 1–2 tablespoons oil
- 3 tablespoons tamari/soy sauce
- A good handful of fresh baby spinach
- 2 x 400g tins of baked beans
- 4 wholemeal tortilla wraps
- Start by making the guacamole. Peel and de-stone the avocados and chop the flesh into small pieces. Put into a bowl with the lime juice, salt and black pepper. Chop the cherry tomatoes in half and add, along with the cumin and chilli flakes. Mash with a fork until the avocado breaks up and comes together. Finely chop the coriander (including the stalks) and add. Mix, taste and adjust the seasoning if you think it needs it.
- Peel and finely chop the garlic and roughly chop the mushrooms. Put the oil into a medium pan on a high heat and leave to heat up. Add the garlic and mushrooms and cook for 1 minute, stirring regularly. Add the tamari and cook for a further 2 minutes. Add the spinach and cook for a further minute, until it wilts right down. Remove from the heat.
- Put the baked beans into a pan and heat up on a medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Now it’s time to roll up your breakfast burritos. Lay out one of your wraps, then, in line along the middle of the wrap, spoon on a few tablespoons of beans, some guacamole and some mushrooms, leaving lots of wrap on either side. To roll your burrito, start by folding both ends in, then roll lengthways. Fold the other end of the wrap over or under, while tucking in both ends as you do so. Eat as it is, or put back into the pan for a minute to crisp up the outside. Make the rest of your burritos the same way.
Taken From Recipes for Happiness by The Happy Pear