Upgrade those boring midweek dinners with this super speedy harissa chicken recipe from Donal Skehan
If you’re in a cooking rut then this super quick and super delicious harissa chicken recipe from Donal Skehan is set to transfer your midweek dinner from drab to fab!
Donal says: “You can get lots of different kinds of harissa paste, but the rose variety has an extra layer of deliciousness – do keep an eye out for it.”
Equipment: Sauté pan
You will need:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 3 tbsp rose harissa paste
- Finely grated zest and juice of ½ lemon
- 2 tbsp low-fat Greek yoghurt
- 1 x 220g (8oz) bag rainbow salad
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 x 400g (14oz) tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Handful of chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Heat the olive oil in a sauté pan. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and spread all over with the harissa paste and a sprinkling of lemon zest. Fry over a medium–high heat for 3–4 minutes on each side until just cooked through. Set aside to rest, then slice and combine with the yoghurt while the chicken is still warm.
- Mix the lemon juice with some seasoning in a salad bowl and whisk in the extra-virgin olive oil.
- Add the rainbow salad, avocado, chickpeas and parsley and toss gently to combine. Serve with the harissa chicken.
Taken from Superfood In Minutes by Donal Skehan