Looking for a healthy Halloween recipe so you can indulge in trick or treating? We’ve got you covered with this delicious pumpkin brownie recipe
Trick or TREAT! This guilt free pumpkin brownie recipe is a great way to use up the flesh when carving pumpkins. They’re free from dairy, gluten and refined sugar.
Makes 12 small brownies.
You will need:
1 cup pumpkin flesh (steamed and drained or use puree)
½ cup organic almonds
1 cup organic dates
1 tbsp organic coconut oil
½ cup organic pumpkin seeds
1 tbsp organic cacao powder
1 tsp organic ground cinnamon
1 tsp organic vanilla extract
- Soak the dates in clean fresh water overnight or for 6-8 hours. Remove pits.
- Grind the almonds and pumpkin seeds together in a blender or coffee grinder.
- Mix the dates, pumpkin flesh, coconut oil, cacao, cinnamon and vanilla in a food processor until smooth.
- Add in the ground almonds and pumpkin seeds and process until smooth.
- Lightly grease a baking tray with coconut oil and spoon in the mixture.
- Bake at 170 c (150 c for fan assisted oven) for 35-40 minutes.
Maria is a nutritional consultant whose philosophy on food is founded around the idea that a balanced approach to diet delivers powerful benefits both for the body and the mind. She’s also a yoga teacher and founder of LifeCleanse.