He’s one of our WellFest 2019 headliners, but until we get to workout with the man himself, let’s try this Joe Wicks cod burger recipe
We love Joe Wicks, everyone loves Joe, and we also love his cod burger recipe – the perfect mid-week snack
You will need:
- 2 large sweet potatoes (600g), scrubbed clean
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Salt and black pepper
- 40ml rice vinegar
- 2g caster sugar
- 1 red chilli, de-seeded and finely sliced
- ¼ red onion, finely sliced
- ¼ cucumber (80g), de-seeded and cut into thin half-moons
- 2 x 200g skinless and boneless cod fillets
- 30g tikka masala curry paste
- 2 burger buns
- 1 tbsp fat-free Greek yoghurt
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp coriander, chopped
- Cut each sweet potato in half lengthways, then cut into eight long, thin wedges and scatter over one layer on a baking tray.
- Drizzle over the olive oil along with a good pinch of salt, toss to mix then roast in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Mix together the rice vinegar, sugar, red chilli, onion and cucumber in a small bowl and leave to steep, giving it a mix every now and then.
- Coat the cod fillets in the curry paste then place onto a baking tray lined with parchment and roast in the oven for 15 minutes, by which time they should be just cooked through. When the fish has only five minutes to go, cut the buns in half and place in the oven to toast.
- To build the burger, spread a little yoghurt onto two bun halves, load up with sliced tomato, lay the fish on top then scatter the cucumber mix over (drain off the excess vinegar). Finish with the coriander and squash the remaining bun halves on top.
- Serve with the sweet potato fries.