Clean lifestyle guru Gwyneth Paltrow shows that delicious food can also heal the body with this delicious Peruvian chicken cauli rice soup recipe
As her new book The Clean Plate launches we share a Gwyneth Paltrow recipe that will fit perfectly into your new year lifestyle.
You will need:
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 1 bunch of coriander, roughly chopped
- 1/2 jalapeño (optional)
- Juice of 3 limes
- 1/4 cup water, plus more if needed
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 head of cauliflower, riced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- Lime wedges, for serving
1. Combine the onion, coriander, jalapeño (if using), lime juice and water in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth, adding a little extra water if needed to loosen the mixture. Set aside.
2. In a medium soup pot, bring the stock to a simmer over medium-low heat. Add the chicken and salt and cook until the chicken is opaque and fully cooked through, about 20 minutes. Remove the chicken and let cool.
3. Meanwhile, add the cauliflower rice and peas to the broth and simmer for 10-15 minutes, until the cauliflower rice is tender but not mushy. When the chicken is cool enough to handle, shred the meat.
4. To serve, increase the heat to medium, return the shredded chicken to the pot, and add the onion-coriander puree. Stir to combine and cook for five minutes before serving. Divide into bowls and garnish with lime.
The Clean Plate by Gwyneth Paltrow, photography by Ditte Isager, is published by Sphere.