Roz Purcell’s delicious chocolate cups are the perfect sweet treat
Who doesn’t love a chocolate cup? These are the perfect sweet treat to whip up for friends coming over to watch a movie or maybe just when you want to treat yourself.
Roz loves mint and these cups have a soft coconut filling wrapped in dark chocolate that goes perfectly with a cup of tea. If you’re not a mint lover don’t worry – Roz suggests swapping the peppermint extract for something else like almond, extra vanilla or whatever else you like.
Chocolate Coconut Peppermint Cups Recipe
300g dark chocolate
For the filling:
100g desiccated coconut
60g maple syrup or honey
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp peppermint oil
Pinch of sea salt.
- Melt the chocolate
- Prepare 8 muffin cases. Add 1 tsp of melted chocolate to each and spread it around using the back of the spoon.
- Put in the freezer and let harden
- Whilst waiting, add the filling ingredients into a bowl and mix or you can mix them in a food processor
- Add 1 heaped tbsp of the mix to each cup, pressing it down with your finger tips and cover using the rest of the chocolate
- Place in the freezer until set
- Store in the fridge for up to 10 days
Don’t forget to tag us in your recreations on social media @WellFestIrl and #KBCWellGood for the chance to win tickets to WellFest 2019 in association with KBC. We’re giving away two pairs of weekend tickets every week!
To find out more about WellGood and to register for FREE, see here.