A spinach and feta frittata recipe from world champion sprint hurdler Derval O’Rourke
If anyone knows anything about nutrition its professional athlete Derval O’Rourke, here she shares her spinach and feta frittata recipe. Perfect for quick dinners or pre-made lunches.
You will need:
- 6 eggs
- 50g feta, diced
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 1 handful basil leaves, torn
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 1 handful baby spinach leaves
- Preheat the grill to a high heat.
- Lightly beat the eggs, feta, milk and basil in a medium bowl. Season well.
- Heat the butter in a large ovenproof frying pan over a medium-high heat. Cook the onion and spinach for about five minutes.
- Reduce to a low heat and pour the eggs into the pan. Do not stir the eggs: just allow them to cook gently for about 10 minutes.
- When the frittata is softly set and golden underneath, remove the pan from the heat. Place the pan under the grill for a few minutes and cook until the top of the frittata is set and golden. Cut the frittata into slices and serve on warmed plates.
Taken from The Fit Foodie by Derval O’Rourke (Penguin Life). Images: Jemma Watts