For a quick and easy dinner try this stir-fry chicken with coconut milk and noodles recipe from Bord Bia
In the ongoing search for interesting but healthy meals we often overlook the humble chicken, which is why Bord Bia’s new campaign is encouraging us to return to staple ingredients cooked in a new way.
You will need:
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into strips
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1 tbsp mint leaves, chopped
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
For the marinade
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 5cm piece of ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 120g mange-tout, sliced lengthways into thin strips
- 1x 400ml tin of low fat coconut milk
- ½ tbsp fish sauce
- 6 scallions, sliced
- 140g thin/medium egg noodles, cooked according to the packet instructions
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place the chicken pieces in a bowl with the lime zest, lime juice, honey, garlic, mint, half the coriander and half the oil. Stir well and leave to marinate for an hour, if possible.
- When you’re ready to cook the chicken, heat a little oil in a large frying pan or wok over a high heat, add half the chicken pieces and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes, until golden. Remove to a plate. Add a little more oil to the pan. Stir-fry the remainder of the chicken until golden.
- Add the chicken back into the pan. Then add the chilli, ginger and mange-tout and stir-fry for a minute or two. Add the coconut milk, fish sauce and half the scallions. Stir well to combine and bring to the boil. Taste and season. Then fold the prepared noodles into the pan.