When was the last time you went swimming? We’ve all become so obsessed with HIIT, weights and mindfulness that it’s easy to forget some of the more basic forms of exercise. Maybe you learned to swim as a child or maybe it’s something that’s been on your to do list forever. But no matter where you’re at it’s never too late to add swimming to your workout.
Swimming can be a terrifying thing for anyone to learn but the one thing to remember is that you are never too old to start. No matter where you go in life you will always come across water. So why not take the plunge and learn a vital life skill. We’re an island nation, surround by water, with some of the most amazing lakes and beaches in the world. Swimming will help you take advantage of our great nation.
One of the good things about learning to swim with Aura Leisure is the fact that it is a great way to build confidence in yourself and also to gain invaluable self-discipline. Throughout your time spent with us learning to swim you will also gain an understanding of water safety which is very important in this day and age, especially due to the number of drownings that have occurred over the last number of years. Swimming is one of the most enjoyable recreational activities to take part in, but safety is a must.
When you join Aura Leisure for swimming lessons you are always guaranteed a very friendly and smiley teacher that will help you achieve the goals that you have set yourself. We always aim to build confidence in everyone that walks into our centres looking to learn to swim. It’s a great workout as you need to move your whole body against the resistance of the water and it’s also one of the best ways to recover from a strenuous gym session or from a tough day at work. It’s a low impact workout and a great way to relax and feel good after a long stressful day.
Swimming is a good all-round activity because:
- It keeps your heart rate up but takes some of the impact stress off your body.
- It builds endurance, muscle strength and cardiovascular fitness.
- Helps maintain a healthy weight, healthy heart and healthy lungs.
- Tones muscles and builds strength.
- Provides an all-over body workout, as nearly all of your muscles are used throughout swimming.
Swimming has some other great benefits such as:
- Being a relaxing and peaceful form of exercise.
- It alleviates stress.
- Improves coordination.
- Improves your balance and posture.
- Improves flexibility.
- It provides a good low impact therapy for some injuries and conditions.
- Provides a great way to cool down on a hot day.