If you ever come home from work and order in rather than face the kitchen then Tara Walker’s book, and especially her Asian beef salad recipe, is here to save you.
TV chef Tara Walker is determined to show people that eating well doesn’t have to be a stressful experience, especially if you’re time poor. We’re here to say she’s right, especially with this Asian beef salad recipe. It’s delicious!
You will need:
- 400g lean beef steak, sirloin or fillet
- Green salad leaves of your choice
For the marinade
- 10ml rice wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 10ml Tamari soy sauce
- 10ml groundnut oil
For the oriental dressing
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Combine the marinade ingredients and marinate the beef in the fridge for two hours. Then remove from the fridge and allow to return to room temperature before cooking.
- Heat a griddle pan until very hot. Place the steak on the griddle (no need for oil). Cook the steak the way you like it – I recommend medium rare for this dish, but it’s up to you. Leave to rest in a warm place for a minimum of 5 minutes but preferably 10–15 minutes.
- While the meat is resting, prepare the oriental dressing by mixing all the ingredients in a bowl.
- To serve, place some green salad leaves on a plate and top with slices of the marinated beef steak. Drizzle some dressing on top. You can also heat up the rest of the marinade and drizzle it over for extra flavour and warmth.
Taken from Good Food, No Stress by Tara Walker (Mercier Press)