Get ready for Europe’s largest outdoor health and wellness festival. We’re excited to reveal the timetable for WellFest 2019 in association with KBC on 11-12 May
From dance cardio to zero-waste cooking, sleep physiology, a Q&A between Fearne Cotton & Joe Wicks and much more, this year’s festival is going to be our biggest and best yet!
WellFest 2019 in association with KBC will take place in the beautiful grounds on the Royal Hospital Kilmainham, Dublin 8 on 11 and 12 May. Our biggest lineup yet features over 150 health and wellness experts, over 15 stages and over 150 of the best health and wellness brands.
Here are some of the highlights from our incredible timetable:
- Fitness and yoga expert Amanda Bisk will guide a full-body ‘sculpt’ workout on the KBC Main Stage and a yoga flow in WellYoga. Later in the afternoon, Kathryn Thomas will host a Q&A with Amanda in the WellTalk area.
- UK fitness experts and personal trainers Alice Liveing, Faisal Abdalla and Bradley Simmonds will host workout sessions on the KBC Main Stage and in the WellFit area.
- Former rugby player turned yogi Richie Norton AKA The Strength Temple will host his signature mobility flows on the KBC Main Stage as well as in KBC WellGood and WellYoga.
- In the WellFood area in association with SuperValu, bestselling author and entrepreneur Ella Mills, founder of Deliciously Ella, will be part of a Q&A discussing ‘Lessons in food, life and business’.
- Roz Purcell will take part in a Q&A and Philly McMahon will host a fitness class at the expanded KBC WellGood area.
- Jennifer Rock, also known as The Skin Nerd will host a ‘skin school’ talk in WellTalk.
- At WellMind, Gerry Hussey and The Mindfulness Centre have curated a full schedule for the weekend, featuring sessions on mindful communication, engaging the flow of creativity, breaking through self-doubt and the foundations of mindfulness.
- Following his workout to thousands of attendees last year, fitness expert The Body Coach, Joe Wicks returns with his ‘Lean in 15 HIIT’ workout on the KBC Main Stage.
- Mixed Martial Arts Coach John Kavanagh will debut the training method ‘Víkingaþrek’ for the first time ever in Ireland in the WellFit area. Later Cassie Stokes will host a Q&A with John at the WellTalk area where he will be joined on-stage by his social-media star brother, James Kavanagh.
- The WellTalk stage will host Kathryn Thomas and British broadcaster Fearne Cotton, followed by Fearne’s one-to-one conversation with Joe Wicks.
- American dance-fitness instructor and creator of ‘The Sculpt Society’, Megan Roup, will guide dance-cardio workouts on the KBC Main stage and in KBC WellGood.
- Zero-waste vegan chef and sustainability advocate Max La Manna will give a cooking demo in the WellFood area on the tips, tricks and hacks to cooking for, and living, a more sustainable lifestyle.
- Yoga sensation Cat Meffan will host yoga flows in WellYoga and on the KBC Main Stage.
- A dance-cardio rave hosted by FRAME will be the closing act of the festival on the KBC Main Stage.
Over the course of the weekend, the timetable will also feature a variety of workout options. From F45 ,the world’s fastest growing fitness craze, to the exciting return of Platinum Pilates and McSport. In addition to this, FLYEfit, as official gym partner of WellFit, will bring various classes, including dance fit and boxercise.
WellFest and KBC are very excited and delighted to bring together such an amazing team of fitness and wellness experts from Ireland and abroad.
Commenting on the timetable today, Fionnualla Cleary, co-founder of WellFest: “All stages at the festival this year feature highly qualified professionals and leading experts in various fields. The WellTalk stage alone will feature the likes of Dr. Anjali Mahto speaking about skin care according to science, Sleep Physiologist Motty Varghese discussing the importance of sleep for good health and fitness experts such as Ben Coomber and Dominic Munnelly talking about training habits”
“There is so much for attendees to go to, take part in and learn from over the course of the weekend. We try to make the festival as inclusive as we can – with classes for all levels, including beginner, advanced, pre and post-natal, and even the expanded kids’ area this year. We want to encourage people from all walks of life to enjoy a healthy, wholesome, fun weekend with family and friends.”
Aidan Power, Director of Customer, Brand and Marketing at KBC, shares his thoughts about personal wellbeing and the positive impact WellFest can give: “At KBC, we understand how important wellbeing is to our customers and the communities we live and work in and this year we have built out our support at the festival to include an expanded KBC WellGood area. The KBC WellGood area will feature a host of highly qualified health and fitness professionals including American dance-fitness instructor and creator of ‘The Sculpt Society’, Megan Roup who will guide dance-cardio workouts.”
“Roz Purcell will host a Q&A, Philly McMahon will host a fitness class and former long distance runner for Ireland, Catherina McKiernan will talk about preventing injury when running – for those who are looking at running the KBC Dublin race series or the KBC Dublin marathon among many other great talks and classes over the two days. We’re really looking forward to this year’s festival in what promises to be the strongest line-up to date.”