Do you want a quick and easy vegetarian burger recipe? Then here it is, the ricotta ball burger
Think all veggie recipes are hard work? Think again! We love Veggie Fast Food, a book on a mission to prove eating well doesn’t have to be a chore – like this simple vegetarian burger recipe, which is made from a ricotta
You will need:
- 30 g vegetarian Parmesan cheese
- 150 g vegetarian ricotta cheese
- 25 g dry breadcrumbs
- freshly ground pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 butterhead lettuce leaves
- 2 burger buns (see recipe on page 169)
- 4 tbsp green pesto
- 4 tbsp tomato and pepper relish or tomato sauce
- Grate the Parmesan and knead together with the ricotta and breadcrumbs. Season with salt and pepper, and shape into 8 reasonably large balls. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan, and fry the patties on all sides until brown.
- In the meantime, wash the lettuce and shake dry. Cut the buns in half across the middle and spread the cut sides of all the buns with the rocket and pistachio pesto. Place a lettuce leaf and 4 ricotta balls on the bottom half of each bun. Cover with the tomato and pepper relish and another lettuce leaf, then with the top of the bun and serve.
Taken from Veggie Fast Food by Clarissa and Florian Sehn (Grub Street). Photography by Maria Brinkop
Read more: Vegetarian chilli recipe