A tasty twist on a legendary classic, this waldorf salad recipe is a game changer
Read in five minutes and super easy to make ahead of time, this waldorf salad recipe has made it into our weekly rotation
You will need:
- 3 medium chicken breasts, cooked and thinly sliced
- 2 sticks of celery, thinly sliced
- 1 red apple, cut into matchsticks
- 2 handfuls of crisp salad leaves, torn if large
- 50g toasted walnut kernels, halved
- 150g black seedless grapes, halved
- 100g Greek-style yoghurt
- 1 tbsp tarragon, chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt & pepper
- Whisk together the yoghurt, tarragon and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place all the other ingredients, except the salad leaves, in a bowl.
- Pour enough of the yoghurt dressing over the chicken mixture to generously coat the ingredients.
- Put the salad leaves into a salad bowl and top with the chicken mixture. Serve immediately.
Taken from Salads by Sue Quinn (Hardie Grant Books). Photography: Victoria Wall Harris
Read more: Asian beef salad recipe