You’ve got your ticket now it’s time to get planning to make sure you get to experience everything that appeals to you at WellFest 2018. So, just what is happening?
Well where do we start! This year WellFest has been expanded to over 15 stages, including four new ones for 2018: WellFit, WellMum and Spinning ®, while WellKids and WellMind are bigger than ever before.
The KBC Main Stage will host festival headliners and also new this year, fitness craze Boogie Bounce will be coming to the KBC WellGood stage along with ambassadors from the 30-day WellGood challenge.
How to Plan Your Day
Gates open at 9.30am with the first sessions starting at 10am so get there early! Remember your yoga mat, sweat towel, water bottle and cash as there are no cash machines on site. Also remember to bring a few layers (even though it’s forecast sun, it can get chilly between HIITs). Head straight to one of the first classes of the day or get your morning fuel with SuperValu’s free breakfast or Glenisk yoghurt pot with all the toppings. Then it’s about hand picking your own day of wellness. You don’t need to pre-book clases but get at least 15 minutes early to the classes you want to see most.
Go for a mix of classes and talks and remember to get out of your comfort zone and try something new! If you’re game, take part in the Pure Results challenge with Kathryn Thomas and see who’s the fastest. Leave plenty of time to sip non-alcoholic cocktails at Club Tropicana, feast on foodie treats at one of the many food vendors and browse the amazing products from the health and wellness brands in the WellVillage.
Don’t forget, we’re an over 18s event but children under 12 go FREE and there’s a jam-packed schedule for children and parents at WellKids. With our new WellMum area, you can hear from experts in prenatal fitness, nutrition, baby yoga and more. Baby changing facilities will be provided.
Even if you’ve been to WellFest before, our new venue and extra stages means that you need to start planning your day before you get there. In the interest of sharing all the info, this year we will have
- KBC Main Stage
- Not surprisingly, our main stage features classes from the main presenters and will feature everything from yoga to Pound to barre to dance cardio.
- WellTalk in association with Irish Life Health
- The WellTalk area brings together lectures from leading health experts as well as celebrity presenters over the course of two days.
- WellFood in association with SuperValu
- The WellFood area is the perfect mix of cookery demos and nutritional talks.
- WellFit in association with Aura Leisure
- If you want to work up a sweat then WellFit is for you. This stage provides you with the chance to try new forms of working out to add to your normal routine. From HIIT to Trigger Point Therapy this is a high energy area.
- WellMind in association with BMW
- Hosted in association with with BMW, WellMind is an area curated by performance psychologist Gerry Hussey and will feature various speakers in psychology and mindfulness
- This is yoga, but not as you know it! Rocket and acro yoga mix with traditional vinyasa flow giving you chance to add to your practice.
- WellPilates in association with Platinum Pilates
- If you think you’ve felt the burn from a traditional Pilates class, try some of the exciting variations on offer at the WellPilates area over the weekend. Core or cardio barre anyone?
- WellKids in association with Irish Life Health
- A mini festival just for kids, and featuring the best of what WellFest has to offer, just tailored for kids. Kids yoga, kids zumba and mindfulness for kids showing the benefits aren’t just for adults.
- WellMum in association with The Stork Box
- Run in association with The Stork Box, WellMum is a dedicated area focused on pregnancy and parenting with activities such as baby yoga, antenatal Pilates and infant nutrition.
- If you’re feeling stuck or like you need to nourish yourself then this is the place to do it. Classes cover everything from meditation to dealing with being single as well as longer length workshops that delve a little deeper.
- Fulfil Fit Zone
- From HIIT to conditioning and boxing to classes dedication to building that booty this where to come when you want to push yourself hard!
- Gym + Coffee
- Join the guys from Gym + Coffee and their community of fitness experts at their twice daily classes.
- Hotpod Yoga
- Join the Hotpod Yoga team as they encourage us all to build up a sweat inside the pod!
- KBC #WellGood Tent
- If you took part or completed the #WellGood challenge then pop into KBC’s dedicated area to discover more.
- If you love music and you love exercise this is for you. Classes themed to 90s classics and boybands vs girlbands set the tone for fun classes.
- New for 2018, the spinning area is run in association with McSport and will be Ireland’s largest outdoor Spinning tent with 50 bikes that will host classes throughout both days of the festival.
- Learn how to do things you never thought possible with the TRX lineup!
- Irish Life Health #GoodVibeTribe Tent
- Head over to the Irish Life Health tent to get down and active to some serious throwback hits with their #GoodVibeTribe
As well as the headliners Joe Wicks and Davina McCall, other presenters at this year’s WellFest include
- Presenter turned fitness guru and the UK’s number 1 fitness DVD franchise, Davina McCall
- ‘Lean in 15’ famed Joe Wicks, aka The Body Coach
- Best-selling author and entrepreneur Ella Mills, founder of Deliciously Ella
- Hollywood celebrity trainer of E!’s ‘Revenge Body’, Simone de la Rue aka Body by Simone
- Personal trainer and fitness influencer Bradley Simmonds
- The Happy Pear
- London based doctor, personal trainer and best-selling author Hazel Wallace, best-known as The Food Medic
- Faisal Abdalla AKA Mr PMA
- Yoga teacher, personal trainer, author and creator of the Vertue Method, Shona Vertue
- Nutritional health coach and cookery author, Madeleine Shaw
- Personal trainer and best-selling author Alice Liveing (formerly known as Clean Eating Alice)
- Yoga sensations Patrick Beach, Move Yo Asana, GypsyOn and Julie Montagu
- Best-selling cookery author and healthy food and lifestyle enthusiast Roz Purcell
- Performance psychologist Gerry Hussey
- London Harley Street nutritionist and cookery author Rhiannon Lambert
- BOSH! vegan bloggers
- GP Rupy Aujla of The Doctors Kitchen
Once you have your list, it’s time to get scheduling! More information and final timings can be found here