Time to lunch prep like a boss for your #WellGood Day Six challenge. Yup, make a list and prep your lunches for the rest of the week with the help of Roz Purcell and KBC’s Ciara Sheehan.
We’ve all been there. Full of good intentions to avoid expensive shop bought lunches or soggy home made salads and yet every week we fall into the same trap. We fail to prepare and then… well you know the rest, we prepare to fail.
But not this week! As part of the #WellGood challenge we’ve hit up foodie hero Roz Purcell and KBC’s Ciara Sheehan to learn some expert tips on how best to prep like a boss.
This is the week we smash it. Are you with us?
Want to give it a try
You will need:
2 servings tofu, salmon, chicken or beef
1 tbsp coconut oil or olive/sesame
1 small cauliflower washed, stem and leave removed (or 250g cooked rice)
1 large carrot grated
1 inch ginger peeled and grated
50g sesame seeds
For the topping
Handful fresh coriander leaves diced
2 spring onion diced
For the sauce
2 tbsp sesame oil
2 tbsp tamari/soya
2 tbsp maple syrup
- Start by ricing the cauliflower in a food processor.
- In a large pan over medium high heat, add the oil and your choice of protein cook until cooked through (depending on protein this will differ; for chicken make sure you cook fully- tofu sear for 2-3 minutes either side until lightly coloured).
- Add the ginger, carrot, seeds and toast/cook for 2 minutes – until the carrots are a little golden.
- Add the cauli rice and cook for 4 minutes stirring everything together ensure everything is cooked fully. Remove from the hob.
- Mix the sauce ingredients together and pour over the stir fry and mix well.
- Plate up dividing into two dishes and top with fresh coriander, spring onion and a squeeze of lime.
Want to join in?
If you missed the last few days it’s not too late to join in. Check out all the info here.